James Gregory (1753-1821) was the elder son of Dr John Gregory. He succeeded his father as professor of medicine at Edinburgh University, and was President of the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh from 1798-1801. After his father’s death in 1773, he arranged for the publication of his work, A Father’s Legacy to his Daughters. He died after being run over by a horse and carriage in St Andrew Square in Edinburgh, and was buried in Canongate churchyard.
Also known as:
- James Gregory
Mentioned in 9 letters
Please note that all dates and location information are provisional, initially taken from the library and archive catalogues. As our section editors continue to work through the material we will update our database and the changes will be reflected across the edition.